Friday 29 August 2014

After 44 years, NOW it's my turn!

As you know, I finish work today after a wonderful week of celebration and great kindness and generosity from everyone for which I am extremely grateful.

The week started well because on Tuesday the Pqasso assessor made her inspection of us, and after a series of interviews with staff and Trustees has recommended Surrey Youth Focus for the Level 1 Pqasso Award, which is great news. We had a “clear round” with no referrals back at all.

Pqasso is the only QA award recognised by the Charity Commission and, assuming the recommendation is confirmed,  we should therefore receive a double award from both the Charity Commission and the Charities Evaluation Service.

On Wednesday my wonderful team organised a (home–made) cakes and coffee open house session for SYF Member s and colleagues, and yesterday there was a formal lunch at County Hall hosted by the Chairman of the County Council, David Munro, who is a Patron of ours. Each occasion was really lovely and I enjoyed them both completely.

I have received generous gifts of a teak garden bench with a commemorative plaque on it, and an inscribed decanter from the Chairman of the County Council. The Team have given me a Book of Memories, being an album of photographs and kind words from colleagues.  Thank you all.

Julian of Norwich is one of my favourite spiritual writers and, for the pub quiz addicts, the first ever female author to be published – “Revelations of Divine Love”, 1395 ish.

Her famous saying, borne out of a deeply rooted confidence, was that “All shall be well”…..I share that confidence in the future of Surrey Youth Focus, and wish you all every success. 
          Mike 

No comments:

Post a Comment