Thursday 27 February 2014

Not a great week..But CEO Job Advertised now!

It began badly, as I had walked 10 miles in 3 hours on the Sussex Downs in practice for the Guildford Y to Redhill Y  26 mile charity walk on 23 March. So it was fast time, but from nowhere I injured my back muscles ..don't know how. Then under pressure from my GP who I hadn't seen for some 8 years I had to go to see a hospital consultant about a lump on my head  which resulted in a biopsy being taken and stitches, so I now look like an extra in a Hammer House of Horror Movie. The back is now better...only muscular...we'll draw a veil over the rest. And Manchester Utd lost ...again.

 In consequence of the hospital visit I had to miss a social enterprise board meeting on Tuesday which was unavoidable, but a pity.

The important point this week  is that my CEO job is advertised today (see website ) with a closing date of 21 March. You should apply ..great job..and lovely team to work with!

Ran a workshop in West Sussex on Wednesday - "Preparing for commissioning" - felt a bit deja vu as West Sussex CC have now decided to go down the commissioning for outcomes path. The sector is very narrowly focused on small parish areas...I would do a lot of work on market making if I was WSCC.

Good meeting today with website designers (Creativitea - sic) who designed our SYF site. So we hope to get the CommUniLAB site up in as short a time as possible.Delighted that Linda Cairns has stated as our CommUniLAB project manager
.
Off to three meetings in Leatherhead on Friday with Menzies the accountants, with B Free Youth Cafe (about apprentices for the CiC) and about mental health contracts in the afternoon.

Hoping for better things next week.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment