Friday 22 February 2013

Allez les Rosbifs!


Well last Saturday, I was with 300 Surrey Guides West and running a workshop on fundraising, and tomorrow I am with the Boys Brigade at 5.00pm running a regional quiz show, when I should be doing something else- the clue is in the title!

Messy week really..that funny half – term feel, when I think I should be on leave too. Roads much easier though.

Getting to closing stage of commissioning a designer to do the complete revamp of the website, and have agreed that we will go public on our new brand in the next edition of Surrey Youth News out before Easter (ie end of March). We continue to grow the number of member offers and have now found a service that offers pro bono marketing support called “Pimpmycause” – see website.

Important Management and Finance meeting when it was agreed to renew our Pqasso quality mark (expires Nov 2013) and do so at a higher standard – Level 2.Also agreed to recruit a business admin apprentice and replace our Youth Development Worker but in an amended role.

Useful discussion with colleague from Lifetrain about workforce and contract issues, but the high point of the week was attending a Young Carers Strategy Group on Tuesday and hearing in a small group discussion about the experience of Amy as a young carer.  I can’t say much except that I was very moved by her experience of caring, her enduring and her joy. I am preaching on Sunday about caring……
Twickenham 5.00pm Saturday……on TV record! The sacrifices  I make  for SYF!! 

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment